There are a number of ways a person can be moved in and out of your location on the system. As well as manually, a member may also use their NearDesk card to tap in and out via a NearDesk card reader (if one has been set-up).
Manually from the Reception Dashboard
- Under the ‘Reception’ tab, type the name of the user in the search box until the user appears in the list below.
- To move a user in, click on member to open which will open a pop-up window.
- Click the ‘Move Inside’ button. The user will now appear at the top of the list of people currently at your location.
- To move a user out, find them by scrolling down the list of people currently at your location.
- Select ‘Activity and Billing’ and on the pop-up window, click the ‘Has left’ button.
Note: Users will automatically be moved out on the system at the closing time set at your location.
Using the NearDesk Card
- A member can simply touch their NeardDesk card on one of the readers that we have supplied. The reader may be connected to a computer (normally on reception) with the NearDesk Card Reader app running, to a tablet with our kiosk mode on, or may be part of our Door Access Control system.
NB There is 30 second delay on the card readers before a user can use them again to stop accidental double taps.