All NearDesk members are issued with a NearDesk Card. The card allows a person to quickly sign in and out of a location. If a person is registering with NearDesk at a location, they can immediately be issued with a card. If they are not at a location or are receiving an affiliated card from one of our partners, they may receive it by post.
- You will need to have set up a NearDesk Card Reader unless you intend to do it manually.
- The user will need to have registered on the system.
Assigning a NearDesk Card using the NearDesk Card Reader
- Under the ‘Reception’ tab, search for the registered user.
- Click on their name or photo to bring up their page.
- Place and hold a blank NearDesk card on the card reader. Click on ‘Assign Card’ and then remove the card from the reader and give it to the user.
Note: If you now place the card on the reader, it will move the user into the location and they may be charged.
Assigning a NearDesk Card Manually
- The user will need to log into their account. They should select ‘Profile’ option from the dropdown menu which they can view by clicking on their name.
- Once on their profile page, they should select ‘NearDesk Card’ from their profile sub-menu.
- They should tick, ‘I already have a card’ and enter the card number that is printed on their NearDesk Card in the input box.
- They should then click on ‘Next’ and the card should be now be ready for them to use.